I’m a sucker for those shows where someone gets a full (free!) makeover. The clothes! The heels! Their make up always looks fantastic, especially their eyes/eyebrows. I’ve noticed that when I take an extra 30 seconds and fill my eyebrows in, they look better! But I don’t like a bunch of single use products filling my bathroom drawers, which is where eyeshadow comes in. You can use it for more than just your lids!
Don’t waste money on a special “brow filler”- use eyeshadow! (As long as it’s matte, not glitter…:) ). You can custom blend a color that works perfectly for you.
Don’t waste money on eyeliner, either- again eyeshadow is perfect. It won’t run, it makes a clean line, and it is so much easier to apply than liquid liner (messy) or pencil (I gave up years ago trying to get a perfect point; they’re just never sharp enough).
The key to applying both is this handy little flat angled brush:
- Remember, less is more when it comes to filling in your brows-
- Swipe the brush once through the shadow (or if using a blend of two colors, once through each)
- Fill in sparse areas with short upward strokes
- Step back from the mirror and notice if they’re too dark or full- up close they will look unfilled, but step back a few feet and they will be noticeably filled in!
- Run the brush under some water and dab it on a towel to remove the excess.
- Run the brush once through the eyeshadow.
- Apply close to the lashline by gently tugging the skin around your eye flat a bit, and work from the outer corner to the inner corner in short strokes.
- After 2-3 swipes, rewet the brush to keep the line consistent.
- Enjoy eyeliner that won’t drip or smear!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it on Facebook or Twitter below: